The start of anything is exciting. And starting your own business is the best. Why not begin your new undertaking on strong footing? In four sessions, Newbie Buzz covers the basics for creating a strong foundation for your new enterprise.
In each session we break down an area important to a new business owner’s legal health. Once analyzed, we then discuss various protective elements you can select to bolster your business against unwanted legal exposure.
Here we cover the different types of business registrations and incorporations. Learn the important role your accountant should play in your foundational decisionmaking when it comes to setting up a business entity. Learn how to navigate the DIY online process and when to consider seeking counsel. Lastly, we discuss other documentation and recordkeeping requirements of new businesses.
Get a full grasp of what role your intellectual capital can play in your business. Learn about the impact of registering your IP or leaving it unregistered. Work to optimize your intellectual property and brand recognition to increase your business’s goodwill. Learn the difference between licensing and assigning your intellectual property and how to determine what is best for you. We will cover audits and other policing programs. The goal of this section is to give you tools to identify and then optimize your intellectual capital.
We examine the basic library of contract templates new businesse should have at their disposal. DIY online legal services are covered, with tips on how to navigate them alone and when to bring in professional counsel.
We discuss the best ways to manage the legal risk associated with your own and others confidential and personal information requirements. We cover the basic obligations of a business owner relating to staff and customer personal information and confidentiality obligations common to vendor and partner relationships.
Newbie Buzz Tonic is offered either once a week for four weeks, or if you want it all in big gulp, try Newbie Buzz Bootcamp, four sessions all in one information-packed week!
- The proprietary LegalTonic Method for understanding your legal health contextualized for your business’ marketplace.
- Law basics surrounding the above activities, leaving you with the ability to identify the different types of issues.
- An analysis of the hot buttons of legal risk and exposure for the artist today.
- Guidelines for setting up a cost-efficient, legal risk management program built with the inventor in mind.
- Templates for policies, procedures and staff training guidelines.
- Suggestions for contract language, to enable consistency in your negotiations with clients.
- Live, interactive, e-learning environment, followed by live Q&A, with recordings and copies of presentations.
Each track is four sessions, 2 hours each session.